Whenever a user types a query into Google, or another search engine, the websites that are visible under the advertisements are called organic results. These only appear based on the quality and content of the website. Traffic that is directed from people finding your website among these results is classified as organic search traffic.
Why is organic search important in SEO?
According to Hyper-Loop Digital Marketing & SEO “Organic traffic is profoundly considered the most vital traffic source in SEO for numerous amounts of reasons”:
- Google directs the largest amount of traffic to your website as they are the most reliable source for people researching or purchasing goods.
- Google is incredibly strict about their rankings and getting a place in the top five results for a keyword, shows that your content is of excellent quality.
- Getting higher in the rankings isn’t easy and takes time, but once you find your way there, you will reap the benefits for a long time.
- Websites on the front page of Google receive 92% off all search traffic on Google. Traffic drops by 95% on the second page. Therefore, it’s incredibly important to get to the first page.
- 33% of clicks from organic search results go to the top website of Google, that’s a large amount of users.
The downside to organic search is that it’s very time consuming, and will take a while to direct traffic this way.
What is paid search?
Paid search websites are those that businesses have paid for, to appear at the top of search engine results, instead of trying to get to the first page with organic search. They simply pay to get on the first page.
Why is paid search important in SEO?
In spite of the label next to their title saying “ad,” many users aren’t aware that these are advertisements. The advertisements fit easily into the results and are less noticeable.
As organic search had become more cut-throat, paid search has become more popular throughout the years, as they have their own added benefits.
Rather than having to wait tediously for your website to rank higher, you can simply pay to get seen instantly on the first page of Google.
When creating your first website for Google, you need to have the right knowledge. If done right, you can start getting a vast amount of directed traffic to your Web page much faster than you would be able to get from organic search.
In conclusion, it takes three to six months or even longer to start seeing traffic in search rankings, and most people just don’t have the patience to wait that long. Having paid search will help you get traffic directed to your website quickly. Additionally, it speeds up the process of developing your website for higher conversion rates.
If you are weighing the advantages and disadvantages of organic search versus paid search, have a look at your deadline and budget.
If you’re looking for the fastests results, paid search is optimal, and if you’re looking to cut costs, organic search is the way to go.