When you started looking for a home, there are many factors you may consider. Such as residential area, property value, Portland mortgage rates and real estate market performance. These are the unavoidable factors of the home purchasing process. But, many people in Portland also get confused about whether to buy or build a home. This blog is designed for all people who are in between buy or build a home. So, let’s get started.
Building a home:
Because new home prices are higher, your first thought might be to buy a pre-existing home. But you may be amazed at what you can afford if you decide to build your own home instead. Because builders want to keep their crews working, they offer many discounts to encourage potential customers to buy their homes. So, if you are thinking of buying a pre-existing home, then let’s read the pros of building a home.
Pros of building a home:
- If you are working with the suppliers, the material to construct a home can be available for you at the discounted rates. Some suppliers will offer you higher discounts the more you buy.
- Moving into an existing property gives you the feeling of old vibes. But when you move into the new home that you have constructed as per your desire and needs, it gives you a feeling that the house is built by you and it’s absolutely yours. When you purchase the pre-existing home, you need to hire an exterior and interior designer to re-improve the things, and that increases the cost. So, it is advisable for you to build a home if you need everything as per your requirements.
- Everything is what you want from the start, so you won’t have to spend additional funds redoing the home after you purchase it. One expense you might be spared in your new home: the cost of bathroom remodel, renovating the existing walls of the room and crafting living area, and so forth. The additional work in a pre-existing home costs you more than building a new home because here everything is designed and constructed according to your choice, and that cannot be remodeled again.
- Entertaining is easier because new homes often have an open floor plan that supports large groups. Older buildings often feature design choices that don’t make any sense- such as set-up requiring you to walk through a bedroom to get a communal bathroom.
Purchasing a pre-existing home
The reason why a pre-existing home or build a home can be a better option for you is that convenience. You don’t need to hire a constructor, don’t need to worry about the labor cost, and so forth unless you find the existing home that perfectly matches with your requirements and don’t need additional construction then you can buy it. If you are looking for a mortgage lender who can offer you the home loan at the best rates, you can contact us now.
Pros of purchasing a pre-existing home:
- You don’t check the property because it is owned by the builder already, and it is disputed free.
- You don’t need to hire an architect to design your home because it has already built.
- You don’t need to make a budget plan for the interior and exterior costs.
- You don’t need to grow a lawn because the seller already provides it.
- You may be able to negotiate a lower price as possible.
- You can make upgrades in a home as per your requirements.
It’s all up to you whether you need a pre-existing home or builds a home. Unless you get the built home that perfectly matches your requirements.